|Job Title||MHC Assistant Head Coach|
The Mansion House Piranha Swim Team, located at 9321 Old Mt Vernon Rd, Alexandria, VA 22309, is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Head Swim Coach for the 2019 summer swim season. We are looking for a coach with a great attitude, strong stroke development and technical skills, team spirit and enthusiasm. Mansion House competed in Division 9 during the 2018 Northern Virginia Swimming League (NVSL) season with a team of approximately 125 swimmers, ranging in ages from 5-18. Another approximately 20 swimmers participated in our developmental swim program, the Little Piranhas. Our swim program is focused on developing technical skills and a life-long love of the sport of swimming.
Evening practices will begin Tuesday, May, 28, 2019. The morning practices will begin Monday, June 17, 2019.
- Coached in the NVSL or similar competitive swim league.
- Developed swim practice routines
- Taught swim strokes, starts and turns
- Competitive swim experience
- Teaching ability, productive but fun practices
- Able to address both the development and competitive aspects of the team
- Communicate well with swimmers, head coach, and parents
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated
- Able to work with swimmers from age 5 – 18, can command/earn respect of the older swimmers.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- The Assistant Coach must be certified as a lifeguard and in CPR.
- Understand NVSL rules and swim meet protocols
- Help coach with all practices as required
- Help coach Dual swim meets, Time Trials, Relay Carnival, Divisionals, B Meets, Invitational Mini meet, and All Stars Individual and Relay.
- Attend as needed special meetings including parent meeting prior to start of season.
- Participate in special team events, including pep rally, socials and team picture.
- Participate in end of the season awards ceremony.
- Assist Head Coach
- Reports to Head Coach
- This is a salary position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Deadline to Apply:
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified for an for a phone or in person interview. Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.