|Job Title||Head Coach Position|
The Burke Station Destroyers are seeking a head coach for the 2019 Northern Virginia Swimming League (NVSL) season. The Destroyers home pool is the Burke Station Swim Club (http://burkestation.net/swim-club/). Our team of 70-90 swimmers is a close-knit group comprised mainly from the surrounding neighborhood. We are seeking a head coach who wants to be a part of our family.
For initial qualifications, our ideal coach candidate must have current first aid & lifeguard certification as well as a current pool operator license. Additionally, our swimmers encompass a full range of capabilities: developmental swimmers, summer-only competitive swimmers and year-round competitive swimmers who are representing their home pool for the summer. This will require our coach to possess strong organizational skills and be equipped with different strategies in order to successfully manage the range of ability levels and competitive experience. Administratively, the head coach will assist the team representatives in the selection of a coaching staff to include an assistant coach and volunteer helpers. The coach will also be responsible for planning and preparation for all swim meets.
Our head coach should attend and supervise:
(1) all weekday practices (3pm to 6pm from the day after Memorial Day through the last day of school (mid-June) and 8am to 11am from the first day of summer break until the end of the season (end of July));
(2) all Monday night swim meets;
(3) all Saturday morning swim meets;
(4) the NVSL Division Relay Carnival (Wednesday night, mid-July);
(5) the NVSL All-Star meet (first week in Aug, if any Destroyers qualify).
Attendance at Friday night social events is highly encouraged.
Applicants should send a brief resume to TeamRepBSST@gmail.com to be considered. Please include at least two references.